- Biblica is the fruit of the merger between International Bible Society and Send the Light in 2007.
- For 200 years International Bible Society (IBS) shared God’s Word around the world. Through two centuries of ministry, IBS provided Scriptures to soldiers on battlefields, inmates in prisons, immigrants, the poor, and anyone who needs the hope of the Bible.
- For 50 years Send the Light (STL) has taken Christian literature to the farthest reaches of the world, so that people everywhere could encounter Jesus Christ through the gospel message.
- In 2007 IBS and STL merged to take the Bible and biblical resources to new places, in more languages, in ways never before envisioned.
- IBS-STL now moves into a third century of ministry as Biblica. But this is much more than a simple name change. Biblica is driven to reach those who have never experienced the transformational power of God’s Word in ways that uniquely meet their personal needs.